Saturday, February 4, 2017

Some more thoughts on abortion

(Please don't read this if you've had an abortion and regret this decision. I don't want to make any women cry or feel guilt. If you've already repented of this deed, you need to just hold onto the truth that you are absolutely forgiven.)

---

I was thinking the other day about how people say how can you possibly value a clump of cells more than an adult woman and her life and happiness.

I don't believe though that the process of fertilization and cell division just occur on their own. I believe that the Lord is actively guiding those processes, willing for them to occur. He decides that hey, sorry but that one night stand last week? A baby is gonna result from that.

If Christ can die on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins, it's a pretty good indicator that He isn't a fan of selfishness. He won't allow us to just have sex whenever we want and without the consequence of children.

He is the one that says that a fertilized egg will implant. It isn't just a random process that occurs by chance. And then He sees the little cells divide, the baby's face eventually appear, the tiny fingers on those perfect little hands move. He is proud of this process and admires that baby... How can we possibly say to the Ruler of the universe that we will stop this sacred process? If He's allowed the process to go as far as it has, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that more often than not, it is His will for that particular human baby to be born.

Side note: isn't it kind of weird how we've been blessed with so much technology, we have ultrasounds and have pictures of the double helix and we've mapped the human genome... But this didn't make us pro-life. We've gotten glimpses of microscopic things that the Lord alone has seen for thousands of years, but just look at our cowardice and selfishness.

There are a few Bible verses that address this topic of babies in the womb:

"Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments." (Psalm 119:73)

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. 
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." (Psalm 139:13,16)

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5)


No comments:

Post a Comment