Tuesday, January 10, 2017

And now I discovered the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Howdy,

Last week I told y'all about how using a rosary to help me pray has really helped make me a happier person and do a better job of not being weighed down by sin. But now, after googling and digging around a little, since there's a certain sentence that never left my mind even though the last time I heard it was years ago and so I finally just googled it... I have discovered an even more exciting and satisfying way to pray using rosary beads. (The sentence is the one in quotes in the next paragraph.)

http://www.praydivinemercy.com/

I can't pray the words "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world" without thinking about all of the deaths in America that Planned Parenthood has caused... I've done a fantastic job for months and months of avoiding thinking too hard about this, because it is way too gruesome and horrifying.

The original prayer has the word "world" and not "Texas and America", but I feel that it is more beneficial to pray on behalf of specific areas. So because of the chaplet, I ask Him 50 times every night to be merciful toward my state and country, which I'm sure He hears at least one of those petitions. He heard Abraham when he pleaded for mercy upon Sodom, so I absolutely know the Lord hears me. (Genesis 18:16-33)

When I'm done praying the chaplet, I'm always able to pray for a few minutes that the Lord bless, protect, and strengthen my governor. The Lord wants us to pray for our leaders. We need to do it, and often. And without using a rosary, I always dreaded and trudged through intercession, when I did it, which definitely wasn't every single night, until I started using the rosary.

Y'all have gotta try this. Go get a rosary and pray this. Protestants, these aren't incredibly Catholic-y prayers. They're neutral.

GO. DO. IT.

Thanks ❤,

Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment