Friday, January 20, 2017

Pray for our new President and Vice President

"The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord
he turns it wherever he will." 
(Proverbs 21:1)

---

So we have a new President. He is a completely different person with different fears, worries, sin patterns... We gotta earnestly ask the Lord to bless, strengthen, and guide him. Like, daily. We have a blank slate. We need to start off strong. Don't forget that we have terrible enemies out there in the world and within our borders. And also, I mean I'd cry so much if my Governor and Vice President "fell from grace". They are such amazing role models that seek to serve Christ, regardless of how "backward" it may seem. I want them to finish the race strong. (2 Timothy 4:7)

If you need evidence that prayer can change the actions that the Lord will take, check out when Abraham asked God to have mercy on Sodom and Gomorrah. I personally need to keep that in mind when I ask myself if my praying makes any difference. Which I do ask myself that several times a week, but our emotions aren't a good thing to be driven by. We're supposed to do all the Christian things regardless of how our emotions might be at the moment.

This is something along the lines of what I say when I pray for Governor Abbott. Each of these petitions seems equally important to me, so I recommend y'all to include them all ☺

---

"Father God, thank you so much for your mercy and grace toward us. Please Lord, strengthen your servants Gov. Abbott, Pres. Trump, and Vice President Pence. Guide them, protect them from evil, keep their marriages vibrant and healthy. Please bless their whole families. Please help them resist any temptations to be corrupt. Please sweet Lord, give them a good night's rest and that they wake up with energy and joy in the morning. Please help them be productive tomorrow.

In Christ's name I pray, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment